Strategy #1 of OBBO’s key initiatives: Improve Reproductive Health Planning Access and Education
Reproductive health means that women, men and youth will have the knowledge and access to services they need to make safe and responsible life-planning decisions that are critical to individual and family well-being.
View a list of OBBO providers.
↑ Increase the number of women initiating Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives
↑ Increase the number of women with safe spacing (18 months) between one birth and her next pregnancy
↓ Decrease the number of teen pregnancies
- Provide consistent information to doctors and health care professionals regarding all reproductive health care options (including natural family planning), with emphasis on the most effective methods
- Increase access to efficacy-based reproductive counseling, including the Choice Contraceptives Project
LARC Provider Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: U.S. Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use
- Consent – Information and resources to help guide providers with adolescent consent issues
- Contraceptive Counseling – Information and Resources
- Map of Central Ohio Clinics that Provide LARCs (PDF)
- Provider LARC Insertion Training – Information on how to get training for LARC insertion
- UCSF’s LARC Reimbursement Guide
- NYC LARC Access Taskforce – Resources, tools, listserv and other IUD-related information
Resources and Printable Handouts
- Map of Clinics in Central Ohio that Provide LARCs (PDF)
Mount Carmel Health System does not promote, condone or endorse all the values expressed herein. While Mount Carmel is a member of Ohio Better Birth Outcomes (OBBO) no resources from Mount Carmel were used in the development or dissemination of this document.